This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.
farmbots:martin-s-reflection [2018/01/17 01:40] (current)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|+||FIXME **This page is not fully translated, yet. Please help completing the translation.**\\ //(remove this paragraph once the translation is finished)//|
|+||During the current week, some of my classmates and I have worked together on the farmnbot UTM. We are asked by our teacher, Mr. Neal, to make a connction between the cable wire to the sensor of the UTM. Among the process the most impressive thing is that, it all had gone smoothly at first, but we meet some difficluties trying to joint the wire and the screw on the sensor together. We changed our strategy several times to solve this problem. At first, what we found is that, we could not follow the method on the manual because our screws were much shorter than the standarded one, while there were no suitable zip ties at the same time. In this case, we began to use rubber tubes to fix the head of the wire on the schrew as we heat it to shrink. That seems alright during the first day. However, on the next day, rubber tubes fell off uexpectedly, for they had cooled down and then became narrow and transhaped thus being unable to connect the two any more. After that we came up with a new idea---soldering the two together to fix the cables. And that failed again as it turned out to be almost impossible to apply anychange or movement if we use that method. Finally, we decided to give another try and start over again. With propper sized screws and zip ties availeble now, we managed to finish the UTM part according to the instruction on the website. I think personally the design of these joints using screws is not good enough as being too ideal, which give rise to a lot of problems actually. I think I have learnt a lot of practical skills such as using soldering iron through this experience, and I also learnt that, there is always a way to solve the problem as long as we keep trying.|